21 May 2008

It's Always Something

The upstairs officer came by at lunchtime on Monday. "Do you know who uses Room 206 on Sunday?"

I do.

She held out a plastic garbage bag. Inside I see the paper that was our service sheet for Sunday. And a bright red splotch all across it.

I knew what the problem was right away. I asked, "Did it spook you?"

"Well, I was just going to ask if you could change the color of the candle you use on Sunday," she said.

Not a problem. I can find a white candle for the Feast of Corpus Christi.

That red candle I'd used the last two weekends was a really dark red. I dumped out the excess wax so it wouldn't drip on the carpet or the stairs as we went back to the chapel. Didn't know the darn stuff dried such a bright red.

No deaths, no injuries, just the chaplain's candle wax.

All is right with the world.

No comments: