19 April 2010

I'm Just Saying...

Here's your warning: there's graphic, explicit stuff in this post.


There are some things you folks in the regular pews just miss because you are where you are. While I never hear announcements about a car with its lights on or doughnuts after Mass, I'm willing to bet no uniformed officer interrupts one of the readings because he's looking for a couple of guys who have left something suspicious in their cell.

And your service probably hasn't been stalled because the loudspeaker is used to announce, "Pill line!"

And people don't line up to leave fifteen minutes into the service because the gym just opened up.

Lots of other things you probably see and hear, but not those.

And I'm guessing your pastor has never had to write someone up for masturbating in the front row in the middle of the homily.

Admit it. You just want to attend my church. You really do.

5 comments:

Fran said...

Holy sh*t Shannon. Sorry - that is what came out when I read this, so I am just saying.

Wow.

Your church is the close-to-the-ground-church for certain. Wow.

Teresa said...

“Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison, and visit you?” And the King will tell them, “I assure you, that when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it for me!”
MATTHEW 25:37-40 NLT

Shannon, Our pews are too soft! We should visit your Church for a taste of the "real" work of the Lord ! Hang in there.

afeatheradrift said...

Somehow I think Jesus would have felt right at home. You are a blessing for doing this work. I envy your dedication.

claire said...

Wow... Yes, your church is really something, Shannon. Goes way past what I could have ever imagined.

On the other hand, right now, you might be in the quiet of your house. Right now, I have a jump up next door for a neighbor's party and I have no idea when it is going to stop.

No masturbation in public however.

You really caught me offguard there...

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

I can relate to your church. I did my residency as a psychologist at a prison in a forensic unit and the sexually violent preditor treatment program. Needless to say, church there was quite different and interesting. I love your attitude and your willingness to minister to this group of people. Not everyone can do that. God bless.