02 October 2012

In Need of a Blessing









To receive this blessing,
all you have to do
is let your heart break.
Let it crack open.
Let it fall apart
so that you can see
its secret chambers,
the hidden spaces
where you have hesitated
to go. ...


I was cleaning up some space on my computer tonight and stumbled upon these two lovely things. The picture is of St. Christine the Astonishing. The blessing, I can't remember where I found it or that I'd saved it, but tonight, it was what I needed to see.

2 comments:

Fran said...

And this morning, reflecting upon some of the idiocy that I gave myself over to yesterday, this is what I needed to see.

Thank you.

Philomena Ewing said...

Wonderful blessing and I've never heard of St Christine the Astonishing- but she certainly seems great fun from this image !
Thanks for this.